91-minute audio recording: Protecting Asinabka / Akikodjiwan from Windmill’s planned “Zibi” $1.2bn condo-commercial development on the Ottawa River in downtown Ottawa/Gatineau, unceded Algonquin territory. From December 19, 2015 as part of the Phil Ochs Festival.
Listen here (or the mp3 file):
Recorded by Judith Matheson, FreeTheFalls.ca and Birth 2012 Ottawa Gatineau
VIDEO STILL TO COME !
– Send an email to Akikpautik (~at~) gmail.com and ask to be notified when it’s ready (please state whether you’d like ongoing updates, or just this one email)
UPDATE: Videos are now posted at this link.
Also – PAMPHLET:
“Support the Algonquin Vision for Akikodjiwan Kichizibi” (2-page pdf to print double-sided ‘flip on short edge’ then fold) that you can pass on to friends, family and colleagues: available at www.bit.ly/chaudiere-flyer – includes background information and action items.
‘Set list‘ with start times:
(moderator = Michael Desautels)
- 0:00 Barbara Dumont-Hill
– Algonquin drum keeper, community volunteer, and spiritual advisor
- 05:07 Albert Dumont “South Wind”
– Algonquin community activist, volunteer, poet, storyteller and spiritual advisor
- 11:04 Tito Medina
– Singer-Songwriter and an icon for Guatemalan revolutionary music
- 17:10 Douglas Cardinal
– World-Class Organic Architect, Anishinaabe Elder and First Nations Activist
- 25:43 Gabrielle Fayant and Amanda Fox
– Spirit Flowers Indigenous women’s hand drum group
- 35:32 Michael Desautels
– Student & Labour Action Committee of Freeing Chaudière Falls and its Islands
- 39:30 Kevin Schofield
– the Tennessee Cree
- 47:23 Romola Thumbadoo
– Coordinator, William Commanda’s Circle of All Nations / Asinabka Chaudiere Site Work
- 67:21 Julie Comber (Vela)
– Singer-songwriter researcher settler-ally; member of Freeing Chaudière Falls and its Islands
- 80:03 Peter Di Gangi
– Research and Policy Director for the Algonquin Nation Secretariat
- 88:27 Barbara Dumont-Hill
1 thought on “Podcast: Protecting the sacred Chaudière Falls site in Ottawa – panel discussion & music”
So happy you held this meeting and that it was recorded. I’m listening to it and feel one heart with you.