This is a page dedicated to collecting resources about the theory, concepts, and practice of learning and education. There are also specific math resources here.
If you have ideas for other resources to add, please leave them in a comment below.
Websites of Educational Projects
- The Catalyst Centre (Toronto) has a list of resources on their Popular Education Resource Centre page. The Catalyst Centre is a ‘One-Stop Pop-Ed Shop Worker Co-op’.
- Training For Change (based out of Philadelphia) offer a lot of resources in different sections of their website (some of which are only accessible once you sign up for a free account). Their focus is on activist training using a ‘direct education’ approach.
Unschooling Oppression conference
(held Nov 2007 in Ottawa)
Notes from the conference:
- Ideas on problems and solutions for education (from the conference’s closing session)
- Notes from talk by Matt Hern – ‘Hope is a Participatory Exercise’
- Notes from talk by Cindy Milstein – ‘Educating For Freedom’ (*note: Exile Books has published a full transcript of her talk in zine form)
Audio from the conference:
- David Noble – ‘Breaking The Rules’
- John Taylor Gatto – ‘Letter to my Granddaughter”
- Cindy Milsteing – ‘Educating For Freedom’
- Tara Guenette and Julie Lalonde, of The Miss G_ Project – ’12 Million Voices: Intersectionality in Education’
- Matt Hern – ‘Possibility in the Face of Probability’