This is a ‘bare bones’ post, to host a PDF and links for reference sources.
(note: These are not meant to be comprehensive, but simply to illustrate there is validity to my statements)
On ‘Immunity Damage’ – aka how previous COVID infection may predispose to future health problems:
- Is COVID-19 Dysregulating Our Immune Systems? (TVO, 15 Nov 2022)
Are people becoming sick more often, experiencing more severe symptoms and having more difficulty treating viral infections after having had COVID-19? If so, why? Epidemiologists, immunologists, and other experts discuss increasing evidence that SARS-CoV-2 can cause immune dysregulation for several months after infection.
(*Pro tip: to quickly browse through this episode’s content, go to the youtube version, and underneath the video on the right hand side, click on the three dots to view the transcript – you can then even highlight the entire transcript, and copy/paste it into a text document for easier navigation)
- “Did COVID Damage My Immune System?” (The Conversation, 26 Sept 2022)
Writeup that includes summaries and links to some relevant studies.
On Effectiveness of Mask Mandates in Schools:
- Alberta study: ~3x as many
infectionsoutbreaks where there weren’t mask mandates.
- Boston study: ~30% more cases where mask mandates were lifted.
On COVID Spread in Ottawa Schools:
- My detailed analysis of OPH’s February 2021 report on COVID in Ottawa Schools
- Correction issued by OPH re: their January 2022 statements (*see 20 June 2022 delegation link below)
Delegations to Ottawa Public Health – Board of Health
- 7 November 2022 – video on youtube, starts at 47:00 and thread on Twitter with highlights
* with followup: Dr. Etches later that week saying that province should implement mask mandate and (if my memory is correct) also said OPH would support any individual organizations or business that wanted to implement a mask mandate.
- 19 September 2022 – written version, posted as webpost
- 20 June 2022 – written delegation posted as image/screenshot on Twitter